Book Title: Heidi
Author: Johanna Spyri
Reading Level: Middle-Grade/YA (grade 5 through 8)
My Rating: 4/5 stars
Content Rating: G
I'm 41 years old and this is the first time I've
ever read this sweet Children's Classic! This was our most recent
family read aloud. I thought it was wonderful! My husband and kids
enjoyed it as well (though my 6 year old son wasn't as enthralled as my
girls were).
Heidi is a little orphan girl whose aunt takes her
to live with her grandfather, the crotchety old man the villagers all
call Alm-Uncle, high up in the Swiss Alps. But Heidi's innocence and
pure love change her grandfather and all who come to know her in both
the Alps and in Frankfurt where she is later taken to be a companion for
a young girl who is wheelchair-bound.
There were some
laugh-out-loud moments, and a lot of sweetness. And while I don't think
it's an accurate depiction of real life, I still think it's a wonderful
book with so much goodness. I can see why it's considered a classic.
No comments:
Post a Comment